Bargo Public School is situated in a small town on the southern fringe of the Wollondilly Shire, 30 kilometres from Mittagong and 35 kilometres from Campbelltown.
The school was established in 1869, with development on the current site beginning in 1918. The school has a demountable library. Four new classrooms were built in 1999 so that the school now has six ' kit ' classrooms and seven other permanent rooms.
Statement of School Purpose " Teachers, parents and community . . . caring for children , educating for life. " Our school exists to nurture the growth of the whole child. We want children to reach their full potential for life in a rapidly changing society.
In partnership with parents, we endeavour to create a safe, secure, caring and attractive learning environment and provide stimulating, enriching and relevant learning experiences. We expect students to perform to the best of their abilities and we set high expectations for student behaviour.